Monday, November 5, 2012

Not Getting Involved, Volume 1

The www.Dont-Be-A-Hero.com website was hacked by "Unanimous" last night so we are now going to post everything on this blog. We decided to not get involved in bringing www.dont-be-a-hero.com back online so it it may never be back. Not having a website never stopped us from not getting involved before and it surely won't now!
So for our first post...
There are a few specific keys to not getting involved that I'd like to point out today.

1. Physical avoidance

Whenever an old woman falls down, or someone is getting stabbed by a lover we often listen to our instincts and get involved. If you've gotten involved by say, rushing into a burning building to save a child then you know why this is a bad idea but you're probably not alive to tell us.

So, the first thing to do is avoid getting involved physically. Walk away from the burning building. If someone is reaching out for help, but there's no room to go away from them, you must try to keep holding your hands and arms as far back as possible.

2. Making excuses

Another key to avoiding getting involved is to actually make something up. If someone asks you for spare change, you must make up an excuse on the fly, such as "I don't carry cash" or "I just spent my last dime on gas".

If your friends tell you to eat non-GMO, you say "I can't afford it".

If some jerk insultingly asks you to perform fellatio on them, you must reply with something like "Thanks, but I'm allergic to goat feces." or "I left my electron microscope at home", or "If I did that your brother would get jealous."

Until next time, stay out of it!

29 comments:

  1. Спасибо вам, теперь я знаю что делать в непредвиденной ситуации!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. How did that happen? Did you just Google "Family Guy" or what? Because it was American Dad that referenced the non existent www.dont-be-a-hero.com website.

      At any rate, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed your visit. I plan on doing another installment soon too so be sure to come back now and then if you liked the articles..

      Delete
    2. Just because you think you know doesn't mean you do

      Delete
  3. Family guy brought me here bit i'm not gonna get involved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Padre Americano referenced me here, but i'm not gonna get involved into details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol
      Well done grasssquater. You have passed the test. Now, go fourth and DON'T BE A HERO!

      Delete
  5. I would make a useful comment, but I don't think I should get involved

    ReplyDelete
  6. What should i do if, my friend, is addicted to getting involved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever you do, don't encourage him. Kindly point to the corpse of the last guy that got involved while motioning with your hand palm facing outward to signify you want no part of it, as you back away at a brisk pace.

      Delete
  7. Yeah I'm late for a liver transplant I gotta go I ain't got time to get involved

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to get involved too much in everything, truly... Has brought me lots of problems... I have a lot to learn from you guys, keep not getting involved and make a blind eye to my comment, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is Dave and did he kill himself?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So if you have the chance to save someones life you don't get real I would get involved

    ReplyDelete
  11. So if you have the chance to save someones life you don't get real I would get involved

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I might, then I told myself never EVER get involved

    ReplyDelete
  13. To the person who asked about their friend being addicted to getting involved personally I wouldn't get involved

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is bullshit, the owner of this blog should be murdered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, people like you should be deported somewhere, you know, people who can't understand satire or comedy and takes stuff too seriously, the same people that try to make it so that one can't joke about "sensitive" stuff.

      I can honestly not believe that people would be pissed about something that is so obviously satire and not meant to be taken for real, so I am just going to assume you're trolling and not reply anymore. That people have nothing better to do...

      Delete
  15. If your friends tell you to eat non-GMO, you say "I can't afford it".

    Or just say that most food are genetically modified in one way or another and its generally something very, very positive, not negative for many reasons, the least not being that it tastes far better.

    ReplyDelete